Facing with number of different challenges in the wave of digital transformation and Industry 4.0 would require FPT Software to have a very specific strategy and vision to get involved in every country it appears. To address those challenges, FPT Software would need to benchmark competency and experience for itself in general, and for nearly 100 business units in particular.
Moreover, a big concern today in FPT Software is how to inspect actual competency of whether technology area or industrial domain of a business unit (e.g. Cloud Computing). A new business opportunity in new service and domain often gets awarded to a business unit that is not qualified to the delivery (no past experience is a criteria) or does not have much practical experience. This leads to a bad result in delivery, meaning to possibly lose business and reputation.
Inspired by such a challenge in competency assessment, TQA has proposed an idea to develop a new enterprise-class system called Competency Ranking & Scoring System (CRSS). “Competency” means by delivery of Technology and Domain.
CRSS is expected to answer some of the following questions:
- Is FPT capable to deliver end-to-end an IoT project?
- What is the delivery capability of FPT Software in Microsoft SharePoint projects?
- My business unit has many Microsoft Azure certificates, would it be qualified to involve in Microsoft Azure related project?
- What should I do if I want to participate in finance & banking project-based next year?
- What are global mobility certifications before participating in mobility project?
- Where can I collect all case studies that are related to Contract Management system that FPT Software has done?
- How do I reach out to people who have experience in Automotive domain?
- What should I do to improve quality of AWS related project?
To answer the above questions, CRSS is supposed to collect data from different systems (HR, FI 2.0, QMS, CI/CD…) as well as practical methodologies to benchmark and measure before the competency index is come out.
The CRSS development is divided into a set of several stages. During the initial stages, TQA concentrates on benchmarking the newest areas that FPT Software is going forward to offer to its customers (such as Cloud), with support from the community of Cloud SMEs.
There are many other challenges and risk, such as pre-defined data, cleaning and correcting data, etc. that most of you would have heard from business intelligence & analysis.
Should you have an interest in hearing more, please feel free to reach us at TQA Room 11th floor FPT Building (Cau Giay – Hanoi) or contact directly to ChienVH1 or ThuanNN.
TQA – POTATO Tech MagRelated posts: