Following the success of previous batches, VIISA just announced the fifth batch with quality teams, ranging from early-stage to Series B ones.
Having worked with over 80 applicants for over 3 months to conduct due diligence and interviewing each and every idea, VIISA is excited with its refined in-take appraisal process for the 5th Batch of the Acceleration Program to continue expanding its scope in early-stage investing. The program is designed to work with a mix of companies; that could include founders with just an MVP, to those at pre-seed stage or businesses with an existing product-market fit and even startups in series B.
The programme shortlisted 04 startups to join its latest batch:
- SaveMoney: Provides a full insurance service provider who combines an innovative insurance platform technology with high-quality brokerage advisory. SaveMoney’s solution is a highly flexible and highly scalable digital insurance platform with an integrated B2C advisory process using Big data, giving the possibility to design, implement and roll out existing and new insurance services within 3 months.
- Loglag: Provides a truck and container booking platform with Big Data, AI techniques applied. By leveraging mobile connectivity, Loglag connects drivers and fleet owners to cargos and customers in order to make the logistics and transportation industry in Vietnam more accessible.
- VDES: A one-stop shop marketplace, VDES connects event venues and event suppliers to customers in the simplest way with advanced technology including Big Data, Machine Learning, and Virtual Reality. By providing the ecosystem service, customers can save 80% time & 30% cost in all booking processes and receive the best price guarantee. In addition, VDES supports vendors to increase their competitive advantage in the market, reduce cost and be more effective in managing businesses.
- TheBank: Compares products such as credit cards, loans, savings, and insurance to provide free financial advice to consumers. In addition, TheBank connects customers with thousands of experts, consultants of banks and insurance companies across the country.
The foundation of the program remains steady as VIISA enter Batch 5 of its Accelerator Program. The three-month program provides participating startups with investment in cash plus an undisclosed amount of services such as co-working space, Amazon Web Services, HubSpot, Google Cloud, Mapbox, Zendesk…; commit to connecting startups to fantastic local corporate partners such as FPT, Dragon Capital,…; cultivate cutting-edge practices and principles to help companies thrive while they go fast and turn motion into progress; help the startups meet key investors who can join the journey and support them get to their next milestones.
Finally, VIISA commits to going together with startups that graduates from Accelerator Program will be able to get a follow-on funding of up to $200,000 from VIISA when they secure a new round of funding from other investors.
“Batch 5 is all about the refined acceleration process whereas we have thoroughly fine-tuned the curriculum further to fit with Vietnam market. The new process has also enabled us to be even more flexible to work with series A to B companies but still value our contribution in helping their businesses,” said Mr. Hieu Vo, CFO of VIISA.
Startups in Batch 5 are expected to graduate marked by the Investment Day scheduled for July 2019. The Investment Day will be comprised of startup pitches from Batch 5 and portfolio companies, presenting more than 100 investors, mentors, corporate partners from over the globe!
At the closing speech, Mr. Hieu Vo, CFO of VIISA officially called for startups to participate in the Accelerator Program Batch 6 at VIISA at the website www.viisa.vn. VIISA Accelerator Program Batch 6 is scheduled to begin in the third quarter of 2019.
Le HoangRelated posts:
- VIISA cooperates with KVision to launch Hackathon with an aim to partner and co-innovate with Vietnam Startup Community
- Digital gifting platform UrBox officially received seed round investment from Vinacapital Ventures & VIISA
- A startup graduated from VIISA raises 1 million US dollar pre-series A led by CyberAgent Capital