In the period of 2019-2021, FPT will focus on two key points: Comprehensive digital transformation and investment in building strong foundations, which are the core for developing business models, bringing benefits to multidisciplinary businesses and the people.
In the trend of the 4th Industrial Revolution – the digital revolution, technology plays a core role of change, present in every corner of life. It is forecasted that by 2021, at least 50% of global GDP will come from digitization, with growth in all sectors led by the increase in digitization in services, activities, and relationships. In 2019 alone, digital transformation spending is expected to reach 1.7 trillion dollars worldwide, an increase of 42% compared to 2017.
Vietnam is not out of that smart shifting trend, and FPT, with its pioneering role and strong technological potential, will take this special opportunity for the Group and its member units to change drastically and achieve leaps and bounds in business as well as create more added value for customers, thereby achieve the ambition to become a world-class technology center.
Digital Transformation is defined as a strategic focus
Comprehensive digital transformation is being implemented strongly by FPT throughout 2018, which is a premise for leaps and bounds in 2019, with the goal of:
- Become a Digital Business and a world leader in Digital Transformation service.
- Creatively innovate with customers in Vietnam and around the world, providing solutions and services to help them transform into Digital Businesses / Organizations.
- Actively participating in the development of Digital Government, Smart Traffic, Smart Health, Smart Education, Smart Energy, Smart Telecommunications, Smart Production.
- Meet the needs and preferences of tens of millions of users anywhere, anytime with just the touches on personal digital devices.
The implementation of digital transformation has been carried out by FPT in 5 basic directions:
- Implementing internal digital transformation at FPT to become one of the first few enterprises in the world to operate based on Near – Real-time Data-Driven Enterprise.
- Digitizing FPT’s existing solutions in the fields of health, banking, and finance, insurance, transport, e-government, contributing to the creation of Vietnam and building a digital economy globally.
- Multiplying new business models creates opportunities for creative startups, connecting new ideas and products.
- Enhance customer experience towards personalization of users.
- Building capacity for digital transformation consultancy to help businesses optimize their operations, build new business models and improve labor productivity.
According to forecasts, AI will promote economic growth and international business opportunities. By 2030, AI will help global GDP to be 14% higher, equivalent to contributing an additional $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030, more than China’s current output and India combined. In 2019, 40% of digital transformation initiatives will use AI services; By 2021, 75% of commercial enterprise applications will use AI, more than 90% of consumers will interact with customer support groups and more than 50% of new industrial robots will promote AI.
Investing and building platforms:
Building and bringing the Artificial Intelligence Platform (AI platform) to become the focus of developing new applications, thereby enhancing business production efficiency, optimizing business activities, bringing benefits to the end users. For example: automate tasks in business operations, virtual assistants, customer support, decision-making process… This is one of the operational programs aimed at building an AI center at the regional level.
In 2017, FPT launched FPT.AI platform (https://fpt.ai/). In 2019, FPT will continue to invest in making this platform the focus of developing new applications, thereby strengthening production and business efficiency, optimal operation of enterprises, bringing benefits to end users.
Building online digital platform.
This platform allows the integration of all services of FPT and its partners into cyberspace, enabling multi-industry enterprises to easily exploit and use. The goal of the platform is to serve over 50% of Vietnam’s population, on which digitizing services to meet the needs of people in daily life such as electronic payment, identity verification …; More advanced is to personalize users, experience better use of services: reading electronic newspapers, multimedia entertainment television … This will be the foundation for building new business models for businesses in the near future.
FPT technology’s orientation in 2019 clearly shows the aspirations of the group in bringing the most benefits and convenience to the people and social security services, while contributing to increase the surplus value for activities of businesses and partners, contributing to the overall economic development of the country.
FPT.AI is the leading artificial intelligence platform in Vietnam, researched and developed by FPT Corporation in 2012 and deployed in many domestic and foreign business units. FPT.AI provides a platform where developers and businesses can develop solutions to solve many problems for businesses. FPT.AI‘s applications, such as virtual assistants, chatbot, call centers, image recognition, etc., are the keys to help businesses automate and optimize operation – customer care and enhance business efficiency.